The Allegheny College choral program began in 1928, when Morten J. Luvaas became the College's first music faculty member. He was succeeded by W.S. Wright North in 1965, David Cassel in 1979, and Ward Jamison in 1981. Dr. Jamison conducts four choral ensembles: the College Chorus, Women's Ensemble, College Choir, and Chamber Choir. The choirs present a concert at the end of the fall and spring semesters each year and occasionally travel off-campus. Allegheny's choral program also includes active participation by former members of the choirs who gather every three years to prepare an alumni reunion concert.
The next Choir Reunion will be held in the spring of 2012. Please visit the Office of Alumni Affairs page for more details.
Choir Reunion 2009: Click photo for larger image..